Well, just when you thought that all 2017 predictions were behind you, here I am with the ones that will likely have the most impact on your industry, your company, and your career:
- RPA shifts from holy grail to digital gateway drug. Strategic discussions shift to the AI-enabled enterprise.
- Lack of RPA and related talent becomes a significant challenge as demand greatly outweighs supply.
- People and politics impede progress, acceptance, and ability to scale benefits.
- More enterprises opt for intelligent automation platforms instead of acquiring and integrating individual software. Faster time to market, lower risk, lower cost.
- One more major outsourcing service provider stumbles and gets acquired due to its inability to make the pivot.
- Robotics collide with politics. The current administration initially sees this trend as dangerous, and then sees it as fuel for the protectionism master plan.
- Increased acceptance and awareness fuels societal anxiety. Anticipate a movement.
- “Chat bot” becomes the most overused and annoying phrase of 2017 and the #1 reason people yearn for 2018.